Green Collar Job Training - Free


Course Title
100 Home
101 Introduction
102 FAQ Page
103 Course Catalog
104 Green World
105 Demand & Supply
106 Conservation Careers
107 Solar Careers
108 Wind Turbine Careers
109 Entrepreneurs
110 Employee or Employer?
200 Demand Management
201 Summary
202 Residential Energy Profile
203 Ten Conservation Rules
204 HVAC System
205 Kitchen Appliances
206 Water Heater
207 Lighting
208 Laundry Appliances
209 Calculating Savings
300 Renewable Technology
301 Solar Energy
302 Solar Collectors
303 Solar Water Heating
304 Stirling Engines
305 Basic AC-DC Electronics
306 Silicon Solar Panels
307 Thin Film Solar Panels
308 Wind Turbines
309 Inverters
310 Grid Tied and Off Grid
311 Solar Site Survey
312 Solar Site Diagram
313 Sun Path Chart
314 Site Survey Worksheet
315 Wind Turbine Site Survey
316 Wind Turbine Worksheet
400 Solar Thermal Design
401 Solar Heat Overview
402 System Configuration
403 Site Survey
404 SRCC Compliance
405 System Specification
406 Bill of Materials
407 System Installation
408 Solar Heat Incentives
409 Document Package
410 Future Products
500 Solar PV Design
501 Solar PV Overview
502 System Configuration
503 Site Survey
504 Grid Tied & Off Grid
505 System Specification
506 Bill of Materials
507 System Installation
508 Solar PV Incentives
509 Document Package
510 Future Products
600 Wind Turbine Design
601 Wind Turbine Overview
602 System Configuration
603 Site Survey
604 Grid Tied and Off Grid
605 System Specification
Green Collar Links
Green Collar Sponsors


Green Collar Careers - Demand Management & the Home Energy Audit

At the heart of every business are the laws of Supply & Demand.  Demand Management forms the foundation for the Green Collar industry; without demand, we would need no supply.  Therefore it should be pretty clear why we would start with Demand Management.  Home Energy Audits are an audit of the demand for energy in a home. 

Details of Demand Management are crucial to understand and provide some significant value opportunities to both customers and businesses that offer programs to reduce customer demand.  The vast majority of consumers are uneducated in their energy usage and the steps they can take for a valuable savings to their energy costs.

99% of the time when an electrical device is switched on or off, its simply due to a user request;  requests that are made with unconscious consideration of the cost.

Simple common sense tells people to turn off lights they aren't using; obviously they can see the light.  Unused lighting is really a very small part of the wasted power, it just happens to be the one we can see.

Electricity is invisible and so are the most common forms of energy waste;  some of the larger ones are things like air leaks around doors and windows.  In some cases we may feel a draft, and even then, all too often those air leaks are ignored.  A poorly sealed door can account for $300 a year in wasted power on the average home in the southern half of America.  That's only one of many things covered in the Demand Management module.

As you go through the Demand Management module, take what you learn and apply to your own household.  More then likely you will be able to reduce your own power bill by at least 20% with no loss of comfort.

In each of the renewable energy modules current demand and future demand growth are important considerations for sizing the respective systems.  Demand Management is the least fascinating side of Green Collar Career sciences, but probably the most important.

Demand Management offers the shortest route to beginning your Green Collar Career performing Home Energy Audits.  In this module you will learn the most important elements to provide customers with valuable and effective Home Energy Audits.  We've focused only on the items that will account for the top 90% of energy savings as the remaining 10% would add another thousand pages.  Moreover that last 10% changes almost daily and usually isn't cost effective.  If you want to get started earning cash as soon as possible Green Collar Job Training - FREE provides the fast track to a lucrative business where customers will really benefit!

Your income will be even higher if you have a couple of "Handyman Contractors" to recommend for some of the remedial repairs you discover during a Home Energy Audit.  Of course if you have some basic handyman skills such as installing door seals, or operating a vacuum cleaner you can easily double your income.

Also included with the training is a free downloadable Home Energy Audit Report Template that you can use for Home Energy Audits and to calculate additional services and billing.  You will need some basic Microsoft Excel skills and there is training offered on this template inside the module.

With the training in this module, and ability to use the Home Energy Audit Report Template you will learn how to profit from performing Home Energy Audits while providing valuable savings to your customers.